What is story coaching?
I will be your book BFF, bossy cheerleader, or drill sergeant, whatever works to keep you on track. We will meet for plotting sessions, character chats, and busting through writer's block.
How is story coaching different from a story-building session?
The short answer is commitment. We commit to working together on all aspects of your story. This involves:
- A one-hour weekly check-in chat
- Unlimited weekday email availability (I will respond within 24 hours)
- Feedback on your current pages
We work together to create a manageable plan for completing your manuscript. We have weekly meetings (video, voice call, or messaging) to discuss progress and work through any obstacles. You send me work-in-progress pages on an established schedule. I reply with feedback related to your specific goals. *
*This is not a full developmental edit.
A few things you should know:
- I will not write your story for you. I'm available as a sounding board for your ideas, support for when you are stuck, and to give you a motivational push when you need it.
- You may email me during the week with questions or check-ins. I will respond within 24 hours until 5:00pm (CST) on Friday. All questions received after that time will be answered the following Monday.
- The minimum commitment for story coaching is 30 days.
- The investment for 30 days is $399. This includes four weekly check-ins, unlimited weekday email availability, and prompt feedback on your work. Contact me for an estimate for variations on this plan.
- All payments are made through PayPal. All applicable fees are the responsibility of the client.
- Story coaching requires a 25% deposit to secure a spot on the calendar.
- Sadly, I cannot guarantee my coaching and/or edits will garner you an agent, publication, fortune, fame, or anything of the like. *sigh* I wish I could.
- I will not disclose or publicly post any portion of your material or our conversations without prior written consent.